Be aged 18 or over
Have passed a DVLA medical and hold a provisional category C1 licence
Have passed the multiple choice theory, hazard perception and driver cpc case studies module 2 tests
Driver CPC & MOD2 are only required if going to drive commercially, they are not required for ambulance service.
The course covers all aspects of the DVSA driving test syllabus including:
- Safety Checks, controls and instruments
- Move off and stop
- Signals road markings
- General driving, gear changes, reverse manoeuvre
- Speed and positioning
- Junctions (turning in and emerging), roundabouts, crossroads
- Approaching/turning at crossroads, roundabouts and junctions
- Meet approaching traffic, overtake/anticipate the actions of other drivers
Our instructors are DVSA and NVDIR trained and registered and have had over 10 years of industry experience each.
Typically the course is 2 days in duration, however this may vary depending on skills, experience and ability.
Gain the correct entitlement to drive a rigid lorry/cat C1 vehicle
Develop your skills and expand your knowledge
Enhance your employment/career opportunities
Cost & Funding
Typically costs between £500 and £850
Funding may be available subject to eligibility